How to Get Rid of Dandruff, or Why Not Start from Preventing Its 14 Common Causes
Who doesn’t know well-known ads with a man glancing down at his shoulders and observing dandruff there? Yeah, those pesky white flakes just sit on someone’s shirt and ruin their sophisticated black outfit. However, dandruff is nothing to worry about, except being annoying and unaesthetic. According to the statistics, this is an extremely common and easy to control condition to most people. Thus, the dandruff fact states that 50% of people are affected in their lives at some point. Besides, males tend to suffer 2 times more than females actually do. In most cases, this condition is caused by dry skin and worsens in colder months. The thing is that dead dry skin cells simply flake off, what makes your hair look like you’ve got caught in a snowstorm. The good news about dandruff is that it’s not contagious and can be prevented and treated quickly, easily and affordably. So, before resigning yourself to some all-white wardrobe, study the experts’ advice on how to get rid of dandruff with no problem.
8+6 Known Causes of Dandruff
- Dry or oily skin
- Fungal infections
- Irritation of skin
- High in saturated fat diet
- Infrequent hair-washing
- Some hormonal changes
- Skin disorders (eczema or psoriasis)
As you can see, there are many reasons to cause dandruff. That is why the most easily cured dandruff condition is the result of one’s dry scalp, dry environmental conditions or cheap hair care products. In the simplest cases, a person needs moisturizing and massage. On the other hand, an oily scalp can also become the reason of getting dandruff. This happens due to excessive oil which promotes the growth of yeast and fungi irritating the scalp. In this case, a particular shampoo (for oily type of hair) is capable of clearing it up. In addition, head lice can often be mistaken for dandruff. This time, the flakes are actually lice eggs and their fecal excretions. Speaking of other potential causes of dandruff, they can vary depending on the whole list of rather common things, such as:
- Poor hair care products.
- Chemical and mechanical overstyling, conditioners in particular.
- Unbalanced nutrition, lack of Zinc and Omega 3 fatty acids plus food allergies.
- Dry environments of a person’s living space.
- Stress and sleep deficiency.
- Too high or low hair PH.
4 Easy Steps of How to Get Rid of Dandruff Once & For All
- Using a good anti-dandruff shampoo on daily basis will stop dandruff in a few days or a week. Various shampoos are composed of various chemicals, so you can try a few brands and find which works for you.
- Rubbing the scalp once a day in the shower will dislodge all excess dead skin cells. This is going to be a perfect scalp massage.
- Lather & rinse means to wait for 5-10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. This way, you are removing dandruff flakes and just send them down once and forever.
- Seeing a dermatologist is a final solution if the previous actions do not work. If you see no results after 6 weeks of using of anti-dandruff shampoos, or still have an extremely itching scalp, it’s high time you consulted a dermatologist. Perhaps, this is a more serious condition, infection or skin disorder.
3 Useful Recommendations
- Some studies suggest that 10-15 minutes of every day sun exposure can help prevent dandruff. The secret is in vitamin D, absorbed naturally from the sun. What to say if the sun reduces the symptoms of such disorders as psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis?
- There are tons of effective home remedies for treating dandruff. Every family knows a different one to cure dandruff. Perhaps, you’ll need tea tree oil, red clover and coneflower extracts, vinegar rinses, etc.
- How to get rid of dandruff? It should be better controlled, but not cured. However, if it is resistant to proven treatment, you need expert’s help.