How to Get Rid of Migraines: Stop Suffering with 10 Expert Methods
Who hasn’t heard time immemorial jokes about the women refusing from intercourse because of a ‘headache’? But those people who have worked in an emergency room are usually amazed by how many individuals come in for migraines, the severe forms of headaches. Perhaps you don’t know, but migraine sufferers can’t stand the lights on and a voice above a whisper, as well as have intense nausea and uncontrollable vomiting. Indeed, migraine headaches are to be a real problem. In fact, they can shut down your life in a few days, being a kind of throbbing pain with high sensitivity. How to get rid of migraines means not to look for causes, but watch for triggers. One’s genes do play a key role in being prone to migraines. Also, sleeping habits, stress, hormonal changes, or even certain foods may set a person off. Learning how to manage all those irritating factors is probably the best route. This is where some natural approaches can really help. As for the chronic migraines, they should be checked out by a qualified doctor.
How to Get Rid of Migraines: 10 Natural Remedies to Work
- Massage Therapy can relieve a migraine, as it is something of a muscular nature. You can do it yourself with the help of your index fingers, circular motions and a few drops of lavender or rosemary oil. This is a perfect natural way to reduce any migraine. So, start at the forehead and proceed to the temples, to the ear behind area and to the neck back. Do it for 10 minutes.
- Butterbur and Feverfew Herbs are the two natural ones to be most often used for controlling migraines. Both have anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Specific Diet can eliminate migraine if you avoid such food chemicals as caffeine, flavor enhancers, sugar substitutes, tannins and tyramines. They are known to over-expand small blood vessels.
- Acupuncture is completely natural, though it may not seem so. This is often related to some important meridians or energy pathways.
- Studies have found that Supplements, drops in magnesium particularly, are useful before and during migraine attacks. The point is this essential mineral affects nerve cell function and alters serotonin levels. Supplementing with magnesium has an immediate effect and provides a proven relief.
- If you suffer from migraines, Yoga can boast of natural stress-reducing effects. Anything relaxing may become more beneficial, as stress is a key part of migraines.
- TMJ, or Temporomandibular Joint, Therapy lessens trouble with painful teeth grinding and jaw clenching. Thus, it aggravates the trigeminal nerve, disturbs blood vessels and sets off a migraine.
- Many migraines usually come from sinus got during different times of the year. So eat some food with Hot Sauce, which will either clear your sinus up or easily help with your sinus migraine. Natural or not, this works wonders.
- Such natural behavior-modification technique as Biofeedback employs sensors and measures your reactions to various stressors. As a result, you are able to control any response to negative stresses.
- Drink more Water when getting migraines, because the head warns you about getting dehydrated. Sometimes, having a few big glasses of water and taking a little nap is the most natural thing ever.
Well, say goodbye to sufferings by following any of the above mentioned methods of how to get rid of migraines. But first of all, learn their triggers and change your lifestyle habits. You may also take preventative medications or just consult a doctor, who may run some tests and discover the initial source of your migraines. Hurry to make them go away!